Re: How are stems created?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: How are stems created?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 18:36:40 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:20 PM

Hi Phil,

2013/8/14 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchol"
Are you still working on this?  I was looking at this area of the code
with my alignment work
(http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3239 and others,
which are the foundation for actually merging some of my gsoc work).
I would be interested in collaborating on this.

Actively working right now?  No.  Forgotten it?  No.  I can get perfectly
aligned mensural flags on stems - there was really a bug in the way the old ones were reversed. I need to work on the flags' shape - I have a few scans
of music from 1500-1600 and the flags and will work on these.

Let me know what you're interested in.

I'd like to change stem and flag code so that stems, flags and
noteheads are attached to each other using generic functions from
Self_alignment_interface instead of their own funcitons (if that's
possible).

Fiddling with metafont code can be interesting as well.

cheers,
Janek

I'd concluded that they are attached because they have a common origin, so if this is wrong I probably won't be able to help. Always willing to try, though.

--
Phil Holmes