Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids trigg

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids triggering quanting too far upstream (issue 12951044)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 06:12:29 +0000

> If the spanners have never successfully responded to the position of
> cross-staff support, we should just skip cross-staff items from the
> support.

This is a great idea, but I'm not sure the best way to implement it.
It's not possible at the engraver stage when the grobs are originally
put in the
list.
And it's kinda kludgy to check for it every time we extract the grob
set.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/diff/5001/lily/side-position-interface.cc
File lily/side-position-interface.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/diff/5001/lily/side-position-interface.cc#newcode305
lily/side-position-interface.cc:305: aligns_to_cross_staff |=
cross_staff;
You already check all the 'support' for cross-staffitude every time you
unpack the list.  I am beginning to doubt that the special case for
aligns_to_cross_staff has any effect.

If the code has not succeeded in considering cross-staff support, skip
them up above
if (!me->"cross_staff" || e-> "cross-staff" ) continue;

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/diff/5001/lily/side-position-interface.cc#newcode373
lily/side-position-interface.cc:373: dim.set_minimum_height
(dim.max_height ());
Really?  If a spanner lies over one cross-staff grob, draw a box around
*all* the grobs in the support, whether cross-staff or not ?

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/