Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids trigg

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Avoids calling pure calculations too far downstream and avoids triggering quanting too far upstream (issue 12951044)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 05:51:56 +0000

On 2013/08/15 05:35:49, Keith wrote:

In most cases, 'cross-staff' means exactly that the height (Y-extent)
depends on
staff-spacing.

Oh.  It is the ottava bracket from the example for issue 3385 that is
not cross-staff,
but whose positioning references a cross-staff beam.

But if we change the pitches to raise that beam, the ottava bracket does
not in fact move in response (either before or after this patch).

If we had ever succeeded in moving spanners in response to cross-staff
grobs that they are side-positioned over, we should probably mark those
spanners as cross-staff.

If the spanners have never successfully responded to the position of
cross-staff support, we should just skip cross-staff items from the
support.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12951044/