Re: Make several special characters with or without backslash "non-speci

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make several special characters with or without backslash "non-special" (issue 12432043)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:30:24 +0000

On 2013/08/14 12:18:12, janek wrote:
2013/8/14  <address@hidden>:

> I crosschecked with the parser and it would not object to either.
The
> only argument _for_ such a change would be more visual similarity
rather
> than mnemonic value and that rules out -, pretty definitely.  One
could
> talk about -' at most.  It would be sort of a nuisance to change
that
> including all documentation again but there would be no technical
> problem doing that.

Hmm.
would there be a technical problem to have /both/ -! and -' as
shorthands for staccato?

Technical?  Not really except that we'd have to make a choice of
convert-ly rule.  But I don't think we help anybody by providing two
shorthands for one particular articulation.  Anybody else with an
opinion regarding -! or -' (and of course the corresponding _! ^! _' ^'
too) as the shorthand for staccatissimo, replacing the previous -|
(which would not work due to technical reasons).

https://codereview.appspot.com/12432043/