Re: Make several special characters with or without backslash "non-speci

From: dak
Subject: Re: Make several special characters with or without backslash "non-special" (issue 12432043)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:01:07 +0000

On 2013/08/14 11:43:08, janek wrote:
On 2013/08/14 11:41:43, janek wrote:
> A general question: what about using -' or -, for staccatissimo?
For me they
> seem to be somewhat more intuitive.

Additional advantage would be that they don't require Shift to produce
on
standard keyboard.

Janek

I don't really agree.  staccato is -. so it seems natural for me to have
staccatissimo as -! (I mean, it was -| before).  In addition, ' and ,
are slanted in most fonts and that does not really match the visuals of
staccatissimo.

I crosschecked with the parser and it would not object to either.  The
only argument _for_ such a change would be more visual similarity rather
than mnemonic value and that rules out -, pretty definitely.  One could
talk about -' at most.  It would be sort of a nuisance to change that
including all documentation again but there would be no technical
problem doing that.

https://codereview.appspot.com/12432043/