Re: PATCHES: Countdown for August 17th - 06:00 GMT

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCHES: Countdown for August 17th - 06:00 GMT
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:09:10 +0200

James <address@hidden> writes:

> That is if a 'real developer' sees that I have made a mistake or
> misinterpreted something in the tracker or Rietveld (especially when
> conversation between devs gets a bit convoluted) then by all means
> correct my mistake - David et al, do this all the time.

Well, it seems like I am a stickler for authority: when I bypass
procedures then rarely by overriding a decision of yours but rather by
not giving you a chance to make one...

Partly that's just because potential reviewers also rely on your
decisions, so if you put back a patch from countdown or don't even place
it on one, people might just have postponed taking a look.  So I tend to
be rather careful about overriding review-focused decisions without a
good reason.  While I am rather reckless once I decide that a given
patch is not material asking for a second opinion _and_ has some
urgency.

So with non-urgent review-worthy patches that have been taken off from
countdown or review by clerical mistake, I often grit my teeth and
reenter the cycle, usually with a verbose explanation in order to avoid
cycling another time for the same reason.  It's not like it's causing
major damage or something.