Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: maybe we could use blog.lilypond.org as the blog's address?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 23:36:21 +0200

Am 06.06.2013 22:44, schrieb Jan Nieuwenhuizen:
Urs Liska writes:

     Would that mean thatwww.lilypond.org/blog.html  would be a static HTML
     page containing nothing than a full-page frame that points to wherever the
     blog is hosted?
Something like that.  Possibly we want a lilypond.org-site navigation
menu somewhere at the top, served from either site.
As we'd want such a thing also when the blog is viewed 'standalone' it would probably better to include this in the blog theme and have the iframe use the complete page.
However, you'll have to be able to handle the traffic and bandwith.  Are
you?
I can't tell that for sure because I never had the opportunity (or necessity) to do any benchmarks. But I think yes. My provider is a 'professional' provider, and from their references I can see they are serving some big sites like universities.
I don't have any traffic limit in my package.

But as mentioned in my previous email I would suggest to keep the blog at wordpress.com then. This would make our lives much easier if I should ever have to step back and discontinue my offer.

Best
Urs

Greetings, Jan