Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 00:21:40 -0700 (PDT)

Eluze wrote
> I think the new files and registry entries should be added to the next
> release - the feed-back will tell us if we missed something (and everybody
> can still go back to the old - and partially not working - version)!
>
> Eluze

Hello, here are my tow diff files.
diff_gub-master.txt
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n145932/diff_gub-master.txt>
diff_lilypond-2.17.18.txt
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n145932/diff_lilypond-2.17.18.txt>
The file pathes in this diff files may be different from the entries
required for the git patch upload.
Eluze, check the /lilypond diff/ please, and submit it when possible.

When preparing the diffs, I wondered if the /argv0 relocation/ in
/lilypond-invoke-editor/ will work for linux, too. In the UBUNTU VM where I
installed the version 2.17.18, the DATADIR did end with "current", too, not
with the version number, just the same as on Windows. So I did choose
another method to make the argv0 relocation work again: check read access to
the directory .../2.17.18 (resp. the current version number), and if this
fails use .../current instead. This made it working for both Windows and
UBUNTU.

In the /gub-master diff/ I only modified the strings for two windows
registry settings done at the installation, they reflect the changes I did
manually on my computer: I removed the file extension .scm from
lilypond-invoke-editor in the textedit-open command, and I removed »-e main«
in both the textedit-open and the scm-file-open command.

ArnoldTheresius