Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 13:30:18 -0700 (PDT)

ArnoldTheresius wrote

> Eluze wrote
>> it seems the textedit protocol is handled by the (standard) internet
>> browser
>> - can it be done without?
>> - if not, what special settings are required there?
> I just examined the source code of SumatraPDF Version 2.1.1.
> The launch is handled by the system call ShellEcecuteEx(), where the
> 'verb' parameter is set to »open«, the 'file' parameter is set to the url
> (e.g. »textedit://C:/LilypondDatefiles/test.ly:7:3:4«) and the parameter
> called 'parameters' is set to NULL.
> This windows function does all the registry evaluation, how to launch this
> »url«.

since my installation seems corrupted I can't I give a valid judgment if and
what works or not!

I think the new files and registry entries should be added to the next
release - the feed-back will tell us if we missed something (and everybody
can still go back to the old - and partially not working - version)!

Eluze