Re: Push to staging request

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Push to staging request
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:19:09 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> Does anyone object to my pushing the skyline forest and
> interior-skylines patches to staging?

The descriptions for both are rather vague.  It is not clear what an
"interior skyline" is.  It is totally unclear what a "skyline forest"
is.

> There are no regtest changes and no noticeable performance hits.  They
> both reorganize the code so that I can do non-trivial work.

"interior skyline" does not "reorganize" code short of making some
static functions member functions.  It adds a lot of new stuff.

The skyline forest stuff does not contain a single useful comment as to
what its intent is.  There are about two comment lines for some internal
details.

> I wouldn't normally ask this but a few hours just opened up on
> Thursday morning and I'd like to devote them to LilyPond development
> on a branching shooting off of master instead of having to do complex
> git branchology and then rebasing my work.

You are complicating LilyPond code with further stuff only you know what
it could be good for.

Please take the time you have available for documenting this work rather
than just pushing it and heaping further stuff on top.