Re: \tuplet and \tupletSpan to replace \times and tupletSpannerDuration

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: \tuplet and \tupletSpan to replace \times and tupletSpannerDuration (issue 7094044)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:16:55 +0000

On 2013/01/12 15:49:56, Ian Hulin (gmail) wrote:

tuplets specified by the current \tuplet command are to be subdivided.
unset, use @code{\tupletSpan \default}. Doing this will ensure the
spanner for
the music on the current \tuplet command spans all the music, rather
than
the value set to any prior \tupletSpan call. In general, you are
recommended to
use the optional @var{duration} parameter to the @code{\tuplet}
command rather
than @code{\tupletSpan}.

I prefer \tupletSpan \default too, but I don't think we should
advise users not to use \tupletSpan.  That would be justified only
if we intend to deprecate it, and there is no suggestion of that.
If many tuplets are to be the same length the use of \tupletSpan
is preferable to entering multiple identical optional durations.

Otherwise LGTM.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7094044/