Re: LilyPond developer meeting Waltrop 2013 -- Date proposal

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer meeting Waltrop 2013 -- Date proposal
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:26:54 +0100

Colin Campbell <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13-01-08 02:42 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> I have been asked about the month I had been thinking of.  Duh.
>>
>> August.
>>

> Regrettably, my choir trip to Germany is June 9-22, to Wittenberg,
> Erfurt, Dresden and Prague.

While better beer is being brewed in Prague than in, say, Alsace,
attempts to consider it part of Germany have been rather shortlived.
One of its most famous citizens, Franz Kafka, had been writing in
German, though, and you might come across German-language artifacts of
the Austro-Hungarian reign he had been born into.

> I'd be delighted to meet any Lilyponders, though, and move my German
> beyond the essential phrases: "Eine Große Biere, bitte"

"Ein großes Bier, bitte."

Well, all of your destinations are Eastern Germany or beyond, so you'll
have likely the best prospects with Eastern European LilyPonders.