compilation issue with font-name-font-size.ly

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: compilation issue with font-name-font-size.ly
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 06:43:35 +0100 (CET)

During compilation of font-name-font-size.ly I get this message:

  [century_schoolbook_l_serif_3.865234375]
  [new_century_schoolbook_3.865234375]
  warning: no PostScript font name for font
`/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/ncenR24-ISO8859-1.pcf.gz'
  warning: FreeType face has no PostScript font name
  Writing header field `texidoc' to `./17/lily-25949b7a.texidoc'...

Since we still haven't some code which enforces the use of scalable
fonts, FontConfig offers a PCF to LilyPond which gets consequently
rejected.

I suggest, for the sake of a `complete' compilation which doesn't
depend on even more external stuff, that these lines in the regression
file

  "string"
  \override #'(font-name . "New Century Schoolbook")
  "string"

gets changed to a font which is included (or tested for) in LilyPond.
It would be simplest if the test selects an Emmentaler font:

  "pfsm"
  \override #'(font-name . "Emmentaler-20")
  "pfsm"

On my GNU/Linux box, this works fine.  BTW, the scalable font problem
is issue #711.  Within GUB, this problem doesn't appear because
fontconfig gets configured to provide only scalable fonts.  However,
`New Century Schoolbook' is an external font and not part of GUB,
AFAIK.

    Werner