Re: What's the deal with the module system?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: What's the deal with the module system?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:03:37 -0200

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have my doubts that Lilypond can develop into a sustainable project
> from the current state of core mind and code.  Projects like the frogs
> are nice for recruiting people, but if they are locked out of engagedly
> working with parts of the core for technical and social reasons, this is
> ultimately going nowhere new.
>
> New people can't pick up the slack if they are not shown the ropes.
> Those that do the heavy lifting, not the whips.

You currently have 5 commits in the master tree, a few one-liners and
the largest touching about 50 lines.

Why don't you try getting smaller patches -whose effects you can
oversee- in first before trying to radically change core system? There
is a lot of subtlety and a lot of history behind the way things are
now, and I don't have the time to explain them to the level of detail
you seem to need for being productive.