Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problem installing build requirements [Mac OS X 10.4.11]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:57:08 +0000

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:33:06PM -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
>> I'll bet you a double-double and 20 timbits[1] that this is
>> because of "sudo make", or running sudo at some point when
>> downloading the source?  Once you do "sudo make clean; sudo make
>> distclean", all the out/ and out-www/ directories should be gone,
>> and you shouldn't have this problem any more if you run plain
>> "make".
>
> Glad I'm hungry...  ;)
>
> Doing as you said lead to a different — but still erroneous — build
> output:

To clarify, my bet was that your permission problems were caused
by "sudo make".  See above when I said "... you shouldn't have
THIS problem any more..." (emphasis added)

Come on, man.  It's 2pm, I have to teach for 3 hours, and I
haven't had breakfast yet.  I need those timbits.  :)

> ar: creating archive out/library.a
> ranlib out/library.a || ar ts out/library.a || true
> make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C include all && true
> mkdir -p ./out
> touch ./out/dummy.dep
> echo '*' > ./out/.gitignore
> true
> out/dispatcher.dep:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
> make: *** [all] Error 2

WTFBBQ?!

I have no clue what's happening, sorry.

Cheers,