Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:28:50 +0100

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 19:43 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 08:14:27PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> > I warmly, highly and definitely second doc/v2.xx (first value of xx will
> > be 14), which is clearer than having stable docs at toplevel or in /web,
>
> I'll agree if you're ok with a doc/stable/ symlink that points to
> doc/v2.xx/

I don't understand: this symlink already exists on lilypond.org, and
I've never requested to remove it.

> I would also like the offline target of the docs to share this
> directory layout.  (minus the "stable" symlink)

I don't understand this, this is asking for complication.  IMO the
directory munging should happen in www_post.py (or one of the modules it
uses), so it could be applied only for online target.  I don't see the
point of trying to produce the final structure directory in WWW-1 and
WWW-2 building stages, as the docs produced in this stage are not very
usable anyway (think of broken images in splitted HTML docs).

> > stable docs at toplevel -- think on all users that wait little time or
> > even sometimes a while before upgrading to the newest stable branch.
>
> I don't follow this statement?

Do you use bookmarks in your web browser?

Best,
John