Re: Doc build failure: pngtopnm: Error writing single byte sample to fil

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc build failure: pngtopnm: Error writing single byte sample to file
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:06:24 +0000

2009/11/5 Harmath Dénes <address@hidden>:
> You were right. I finally managed to put the scripts' location before
> /opt/local/bin in my path, and now it proceeds. But after a while, I get the
> following error:
>
> Pango-ERROR **: Unable to open font file /Library/Fonts/Verdana.ttf for font
> Century Schoolbook L Italic 3.0673828125, exiting

Dunno.  I know that OSX has various font issues.  This was just fixed
in GUB by using the latest freetype, fontconfig, pango, and fontforge.
 A similar solution might help for you?

BTW, are you on OSX 10.5 or 10.6?

> Seeing this, I wanted to build the manual without building all the ‘input/*’
> stuff, but I get the following error:
>
> thSoft-MacBook:lilypond-translation thsoft$ cd Documentation/
> thSoft-MacBook:Documentation thsoft$ make doc

Don't you want EXTERNAL_BINARY in there?

> Does this kind of build require a successful full build of the
> documentation?

No, but if you want to use the built-in binary, you first need to
build the binary.

Cheers,
- Graham