Re: LilyPond Mac GUI update

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: LilyPond Mac GUI update
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:50:27 -0500

Patrick McCarty wrote:
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Jonathan Kulp<address@hidden> wrote:
Patrick McCarty wrote:
Hello LilyPond developers!

Some improvements to the Mac GUI have been integrated into GUB.  You
can find the list of changes here:

http://codereview.appspot.com/88076/show

Graham and I would appreciate any feedback on functionality from those
running Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4, or 10.5.  The test installers can be
found here:

Intel Macs:
http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/download/lilypond-2.13.3-0.darwin-x86.tar.bz2

PPC Macs:
http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/download/lilypond-2.13.3-0.darwin-ppc.tar.bz2

I can report success with Mac OS X 10.5.6 (both versions).  If these
work, Graham will roll another development release with the changes.
Many thanks to Christian Hitz for all of the improvements!

[...]
Running convert-ly at
command line worked, but only after I changed the first line of convert-ly

 #!/usr/bin/env python

Same thing for lilypond-book.  Is there a reason not to change this for real
in the Python scripts? Would it break something on Linux or Windows, for
example? Before I knew how to fix it, this made me crazy. It exits with
errors, opens Firefox and takes me to the Python website saying I need to
install Python when I know very well that a current Python is already
installed.  Very annoying...

Jon,

Try one of these new tarballs to see if they solve the
"/usr/bin/python" problem for you:

http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/download/lilypond-2.13.3-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
http://uoregon.edu/~pmccarty/download/lilypond-2.13.3-1.darwin-ppc.tar.bz2

The other tarballs are still there, but these use the latest patch I
posted to lilypond-devel.

Excellent! I tried the ppc version on 10.4.11 and it worked perfectly. Thanks for fixing the Python thing. :)

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com