Re: type-check list in NR 6.1.1 (was: Time to retire Dynamic_engraver?)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: type-check list in NR 6.1.1 (was: Time to retire Dynamic_engraver?)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 23:54:53 +0100

2009/6/29 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:

> 1) Did I make any mistakes?

These are so deprecated, they don't exist (you've picked them up from
the Changelog):

ly:paper-def?
ly:verbose?

> 3) when you write this:
>   > None here, as long as you automate it (perhaps use a markup
>   > command to extract and prettify the list entries).
>   what qualifies as automating?Can I just copy the UNARY
>   TYPE-CHECKS to a list and work with that? Is that what you
>   meant? Or did you want the UNARY TYPE-CHECKS list to somehow
>   be automated, to account for future additions to the list?
>   Offhand, I can't imagine a sensible way of doing that.

If you add the missing predicates to type-p-name-alist, then you can
use it to display a list of names and descriptions.

You could add a public function to c++.scm which will read
type-p-name-alist and return a list of string pairs (predicate-name .
description).

Regards,
Neil