Re: FW: [frogs] Re: Patching the output file naming code (Was: thanks to

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: FW: [frogs] Re: Patching the output file naming code (Was: thanks to whomever put this in the LSR...)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:39:08 +0200

For PDF output, please remember that you get a single PDF for each \book{} block, so
in that case there's no reason to do the setting per \score or \bookpart.
However, for MIDI the situation is different, since you get a separate MIDI file for each \score block, so for this reason it makes to allow for separate settings in \paper and \midi. However, it would also make sense that the setting done for the PDF file name also is used
as the default prefix for the MIDI files, right?

   /Mats

Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
And here's Graham's reply about where the filenames should go.

I second his opinion that it ought to be in \paper for the printed output.

By symmetry, it would seem that that drives us to needing to include it in
\midi for the midi output.

Declaring the file name twice seems to be unseemly, but I can't think of a
better way to do it.

Carl