Re: texi2html web page, second attempt

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: texi2html web page, second attempt
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:51:15 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> writes
Graham Percival wrote:

3)  Ok, so why do I want to use texinfo so much?
- makes pdfs+info.  I personally *never* use those formats, but I
  know that some people still use them.  IMO, if we're going to
  support those formats for the manuals, we should support them
  for the information that's on the website.

For what it's worth, I almost always go to the pdf manual first when I need to find something.

Ditto. In fact, I actively *dislike* html help - I can never find what I'm looking for because a search never finds it, and I can't just scan the "document" from top to bottom.

(At least, I can, if like lily you provide an "all in one page" option, but in that case I might as well have the pdf, anyways :-)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden