Re: development on windows

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 03:53:56 -0700

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:26:41PM +0200, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

>> - does anybody have VMware (commercial version) and feel like
>>   making a small Linux installation which has all the required
>>   software?  Potential contributors would be able to run this
>>   in the free VMware version.
>>
> Why VMware? There are free alternatives, like MS Virtual PC, Sun VirtualBox.

Never heard of them, but then again, I haven't looked at
virtualization since about 10 years ago (when I was trying to run
the old Ultima computer games on Linux).

If you're familiar with these, which would you recommend?  And can
we create the OS and run the OS with the free versions?

Cheers,
- Graham