Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: DOCS: include a sample "Makefile"?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:23:11 -0500

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
What do you guys think of including a sample Makefile somewhere in
the documentation?

Good idea!  Perhaps we can manage to avoid GNU make extensions so that
poor Windows users have a chance to try nmake.

    Werner

I've been working on it for a while now and have added a section on Makefiles to working.itely, the very last thing in the LM that appears before all the templates. I would welcome comments on it before I commit and make a patch. A pdf of the appropriate section is available here:

http://www.jonathankulp.com/makefiles.pdf

I'd be especially keen to hear if someone has a better way to display the directory structure of the sample project, as it takes up quite a bit of space.

Thanks for input :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp