Re: meta-proposal

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: meta-proposal
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:20:53 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
What do people think about adding an extra mailing list:
lilypond-proposals?

Would this include Documentation proposals from people willing to do them?

This would be a LOW-volume list for developers to get feedback
about changes (from both other developers and, in some cases,
users).  Proposals and questions would *only* be sent by
developers who were willing to do all the work -- this won't turn
into another place for users to whine about missing features.

I'm concerned that proposals might not get enough discussion,
especially if they appear in an existing thread, or while there's
lots of chit-chat about whatever, or simply if real life is very
busy and we're just skimming the list.

Recent questions that I think would qualify:
- splitting web/ into a separate git repository.
- syntax for the postfix crescendi/decrescendi stuff.
- what we need to include in 2.14 (i.e. "what do we delay it for",
  not "what do we want to see" :)
- new syntax, and syntax changes -- it's so much easier to fix
  problems in the syntax *before* we commit it.
- proposals about adding a new mailing list for proposals.  :):)

Cheers,
- Graham

--
Jonathan Kulp