Re: Markup snippet breaking docs (\rotate)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Markup snippet breaking docs (\rotate)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:17:43 -0700

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:51:00 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The following snippet works fine:
>
> @lilypond[verbatim,quote]
> \\markup { foo \\rotate #180 bar }
> @end lilypond
>
> Any idea what's going wrong?

Maybe the # needs to be escaped somehow if it's not inside a {}?
I'm pulling at straws here, though...

That said, I'd actually prefer it if all the examples were inside
  \markup { ... }
or
  \markup {
  }

I know that \markup \command { ... } also works, but to me it
seems to be asking for trouble (especially if users try to copy
and paste examples without really understanding them).
In the NR, I make a special point of telling everybody to write
out all {} <<>> fully, ie
\new Voice {
  \relative c' {
  }