RE: fret diagram comments

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: fret diagram comments
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 21:07:09 -0600

<SNIP>

> > with  frets, so I have little comment on the code itself,
> but it seems
> > a little sloppy with lots of random formatting changes all over the
> > place.

I will be happy to clean up the formatting.  I can see that the code lines are
too long,
which give lots of random wraps and hides the structure.

I intend to reformat the code, by using two-space indents where there are not
parallel
constructs, and with aligned parentheses where there are parallel constructs.
This is
similar to the pretty-print output.

Of course, when I do this, the diff will be twice as large as the file.  Are
you OK with that?

I reviewed the LilyPond coding standards, which pointed me to the GNU coding
standards.
The indentation standards there were for C indentation, not for Guile
indentation.

I could not find any standards for Guile indentation, which is why I plan to
imitate the
pretty-print output as best I can, unless you have other standards to which you
can
point me.

> > - for the properties inside the fret0-diagram-details,
> would it make
> > sense to drop the fret- prefix?
>
> I suppose we could.  I guess I put the fret- prefix in to
> make it clear it was in a different name.

After further review of the code, I think we need to keep the fret- prefix on
all
the names that have them.  In a fret diagram there are frets and strings.  The
fret- prefix serves to identify things associated with frets, as opposed to
strings.

I've reverted the bad commits, and saved a properly working file.  When I have
fret-diagrams.scm cleaned up, I'll do a new commit on csorensen/master.  You
should then be able to either cherry-pick or pull to get it right, I think.

Carl