Re: Git conflicts

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Git conflicts
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:27:36 +0200

Valentin Villenave skrev:
As it has been 9 months since i branched off dev/rune I tried to merge
master into dev/rune to test how it went.

And then I was flooded with conflicts.

I must be the one to blame here (even though I don't know why).

How did you revert?
Did you specify a mainline ("git revert --mainline 1" or "git revert --mainline 2") ? I do not understand what the mainline argument is doing, but it appears that it should be there when reverting a merge.

When I merged your branch several weeks ago I didn't encounter any
problem. So I must have screwed up something when you asked me to
revert this merge...

Please try to revert my last commit; perhaps this would help?

Hmm, reverting your revert, and then reverting your merge... Huh, I doubt that will work, especially given that I have made other commits afterwards. Well, I will try when I get home ... :)

-Rune