Re: Git conflicts

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Git conflicts
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:25:51 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:48:06 +0200
Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> wrote:

> Rune Zedeler skrev:
> > (I branched off from 7cfd1d6da86bf8c2eb6391592c84ea361c35ca6d. I
> > have only changed 24 files. After pull master I had conflicts in
> > almost all files.)
>
> More specifically: I had conflicts in 334 files.

Are these a random collection of files, or in one particular area
(ie Documentation/ or input) ?

I remember John saying that merging the gdp branch with master (or
fast-forwarding, or rebasing, or whatever the git term was) wasn't
done as well as it could have.  In addition, I'm famously inept
with git, and have no concern for the history of documentation
files.  I could well imagine that some of my commits would show up
as conflicts, but if they're in the documentation, you could just
resolve all conflicts by taking the current docs and ignoring
whatever you had there before.
(assuming that you haven't personally changed anything in the
docs)

Cheers,
- Graham