Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:33:56 +0200

On 2008/05/31, Graham Percival wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 09:28:50 +0200
> John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > An unsure question is, should big doc work like GDP go on on master
> > after 2.12?
>
> No, because barring a miracle, there won't be anybody[1] left to do
> big doc work.

It's almost sure that there won't be one person alone left that will
have enough time and energy to do as much as you do, but I hope we are
enough people to be able to make GDP live for a few months after you've
gone.  If this is productive enough, I may want to manage doc
contributions in various formats (patch, plain file, ...) as you're
doing.  The detail I'm afraid of is the amoount of time spent in
answering time-consuming or a lot of questions via email; if we can
share the emails load between several people, this would be viable.

> * the one caveat is docs about programming in scheme; I believe
> that Trevor would like to rewrite that chapter.  I highly
> doubt that we'll get to that stage during GDP... but it will be
> easy enough to backport an entire .itely file to stable when he's
> done.

Scheme programming and Application Usage are kind of big doc work, and
it could be productive to do at least the latter under GDP.

Cheers,
John