attempted split of Learning Manual

From: Graham Percival
Subject: attempted split of Learning Manual
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:32:10 -0700

I tried splitting the learning manual, but I had problems with the translations. If you'd rather junk my three commits and do it again from scratch, go ahead.

Problems:
- why the Mao does each language have their own macros.tely?! I was expecting that I could simply copy the file from the main docs to the translations.

- how do I check for broken links? With the english docs, I do "make web" and get a screen-full of "texinfo can't resolve this @ref{}", which I faithfully resolve. When I tried the doing "make web" in the translation directories, I didn't get any warnings. I didn't even get those messages when I did "make web" from the top dir.

- Graham