Re: Tags in LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Tags in LSR
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 04:01:10 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/7, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
Do you want user-created tags?  I thought your job would be easier if
there was a set number of tags that only you could modify.

Yes, I get your point (and Sebastiano's as well). But this would mean
that we create *every*
possible useful tags on our own, or wait for users to request new
tags.
Yes.  Umm, what's the problem?

We add tags to LSR. You spend 15 minutes adding every useful tag you can think of. We announce this on -user. Users send in 20 new tag ideas. You look through the list and pick out the 5 tags that are actually worth having. You add these. Users spend another week playing with it. They send in a few more good tag ideas.

The whole thing is over in a week.  After that, users could add

% new tag: blargle
\score{
 \mysnippet
}

snippets. When you go to approve the snippet, you ad the blargle tag, delete the comment, and all is well.

We already have this in our offline docs; are you sure it's worth adding
this to the front page of LSR?  People could simply search for tags.

Yes, you're definitely right. By the way, what would become the LSR
collated-files page?
Depends on whether people (John, your brother, somebody random on -user, whatever) actually create the dynamic-html thing, and how it works.

Trust me, this is the least of our concerns.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham