Re: \bar "|:" - wrong position in the first misure

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \bar "|:" - wrong position in the first misure
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:35:36 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
Mattia Giovanetti wrote:
This involve the command \bar "|:" in the first misure, I attach some files at this mail, so you can take a look of and get what I mean. But in a simple word the problem/bug is that: "the repeat double line with dots, must be after the time signature not befoure in the first misure". Please take a look at 120 Arpeggi di Mauro Giuliani, it's a true example.
Please send minimal examples, like this:

\version "2.10.0"
\paper{ ragged-right = ##t}

\relative c'{
       \clef treble \key g \major
%       \repeat volta 2 {
       \bar "|:"
       c'1
       \bar ":|"
%       }
}

Normally an initial |: is not printed, as it the case if you use a \repeat. The time signature generally goes after a bar line; it may be possible to force it to go before a bar line by using a special \override.
Exactly! The normal typesetting practice is to not print an initial |:
However, if you really want it, and want it to appear after the time signature,
you can modify the order that things are printed:

\relative c'{
      \clef treble \key g \major
%       \repeat volta 2 {
\once \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders = #(make-vector 3
'(
 left-edge
 ambitus
 breathing-sign