Re: problem with lilypond from the command line

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: problem with lilypond from the command line
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:07:53 -0700

Han-Wen,

It seems that the LILYPOND_DATADIR update in 2.11 was accidentally merged with the stable branch. Could we update lilycall.py in 2.10 to use the same shell variable (not LILYPONDPREFIX) ?

Cheers,
- Graham

Jacob Rundall wrote:
Hi Graham,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think the script might have shipped with Lilypond in the past, but it doesn't any more even if that was the case. But it seems to me that the shell script I'm using isn't really the problem, so let me take it out of the picture. When I run the lilycall.py script on its own:

cd /Applications/Lilypond.app/Contents/Resources
python lilycall.py /Applications/Lilypond.app

I get the same error:

GNU LilyPond 2.10.29
error: LILYPONDPREFIX is obsolete, use LILYPOND_DATADIR

Like I mentioned, if I simply change that variable name within the lilycall.py script, all is well. I don't get any errors in the GUI - thanks very much for that!! But since the fix is, or at least seems to be, so straightforward, it might be worth fixing it.

Thanks again,

Jake