Re: Updates and corrections patches

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Updates and corrections patches
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 01:16:57 +0200

El Sun, 02 de Sep de 2007, a las 03:01:10PM +0200, John Mandereau dijo:
> The general problem is that docs in English frequently change, so
> translations are always a little outdated.  Freezing English docs a few
> days before an important release would allow translators to be in sync
> for the release; OTOH blocking docs improvements or fixes is absurd, so
> I prefer to rely on frequent releases, translators reactiveness and
> clean patches ;-) that can be quickly applied to master.

At least some time before a _stable_ release, I think there should happen some
type of string freezing. Otherwise we'll have wrong (even broken) docs
for too long time.

As for the line number syncing between files and their translations, I realize
this is not soo important, BUT it is still a very eye-straining task
to keep track of updates when (for instance) the original simply moved a block
from a place to another.

How do you do this?

--
Francisco Vila Doncel. Badajoz (Spain)