Re: LSR categories

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LSR categories
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:40:33 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:

Agree! Often such division into different categories don't help at all, they just give you more places to search from.

Other than one example (scheme programming), I have no objection to this -- but please don't say "text, lyrics, articulation etc". I'd like to discuss exact proposals.
Why is scheme programming so special? If I, as an ordinary user, want to solve a certain typesetting problem, I mostly don't have any idea if the solution requires Scheme programming or not and at least as long as the solution can be copy/pasted
into my own file as it is, I wouldn't care.

What you probably have in mind is good examples to learn Scheme programming, but unless these examples are very contrived they will also solve some practical
typesetting problem.

  /Mats