Re: very good concept but...

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: very good concept but...
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:09:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Tõnis Kaumann wrote:

> But keep in mind that in many (if not the most) cases the person
> entering the music is also a musician. Entering music in LiliPond is not
> difficult but it is everything but intuitive.

Your statement is not true for everybody. For example, if you had some
lessons in "Solfège", or if you are a mathematically inclined person, you
don't think of the notes as graphical representations, but rather as C
or dis'' (in German).

Having said that, you are free to sponsor a GUI which is more appealing to
you. I suggest starting by making sketches of how this should look like,
and discuss these sketches with other potential users (it is easy to come
up with a solution which the inventor likes, but nobody else; this
happened to me quite often!).

Hth,
Dscho