Re: one-pass vertical stretching

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: one-pass vertical stretching
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:25:40 +0100

Bertalan Fodor escreveu:

>> In that case, I recommend to use GrandStaff instead. The only reason
>> to use PianoStaff
>> is to get the fixed spacing to be able to handle cross-staff beams.
>>
> This fixed spacing is a very strict limitation, which makes it
> impossible to make beautiful piano scores. Why does this limitation
> still exist?

For determining horizontal spacing it is necessary to know stem directions.
In the case of beams, stem directions are determined after doing
automatic knees.

It would probably be possible to revise the Beam::consider_auto_knees,
so it doesn't use the relative coordinates (which triggers
the vertical positioning).

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com