Re: one-pass vertical stretching

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: one-pass vertical stretching
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:09:00 +0100

Bertalan Fodor skrev:

This fixed spacing is a very strict limitation, which makes it impossible to make beautiful piano scores.

I agree!
I really thought that the hurdle was about to dissapear with the two pass thingy. I made a quick (too quick) test to see that it indeed works. Yes, Lilypond handles some simple cases correctly, so I assumed that it worked in general :-(

\version "2.11.10"
{
  \new PianoStaff \relative c'' <<
    \new Staff = up {
      s1*4
      \overrideProperty
        #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
        #'line-break-system-details
        #'((fixed-alignment-extra-space . 15))
      \break
      s1*4
    }
    \new Staff = down {
      \repeat unfold 2 {
        c8 c \change Staff = up c c c c c c\change Staff = down c1 c c
      }
    }

}

-Rune