Re: German translation update

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: German translation update
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:43:13 +0100

Till Rettig wrote:
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> > This imported cleanly.  Thanks.  John Mandereau, our new Translation
> > Meister will be taking over from me.
> >

> Ok, will remember this. In fact I sent another patch a couple of hours
> later on to make up the mess in the testimonials.html page. Should I
> send it again to John, or will you still attach it?

Ummh, I don't think private emails are a good thing for this; for
example, who will take care of it if I'm away for a while? Sending it to
the list ensures that somebody else will hopefully apply your patch if I
don't react within 3 days, or that others will be able to comment it.
Btw which list is preferred for sending translations? It used to be
-user some time ago, but I guess -devel is preferred now because traffic
is too important on -user.

Anyway, can you please send any patch that is not already applied to
lilypond-devel, starting a new thread?

> I hope I got this now, so also the next patches will apply clean. Just
> saw that there would be needed some proof read of the pages. If
> somebody else feels like it...

Yes, try to find co-translators, translation will become much easier.

Greetings
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>