Re: LilyPond Odd Jobs

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: LilyPond Odd Jobs
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:31:32 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Btw, is there any chance that Texinfo is actively developed to
> > support internationalization?  Would that need sponsoring, or an
> > important number of contributors?
>
> What do you mean with `internationalization'?  Limited UTF-8 support
> has been added Dec. 30th to the CVS of texinfo.tex (using the code
> I've sent to the list a few months ago) so that you get nice PDF
> output now.

Very cool! So we may soon be able to make a PDF of the French user
manual without encoding conversion.

By internationalization, I mean any mechanism that helps translating
documentation written in Texinfo and integrating them with the English
documentation, like what is done for Lily documentation. Of course, much
of this integration is too specific to be provided by Texinfo, but IMHO
it would be very cool that Texinfo can output HTML docs with links
between the same page in different languages and same file names
prefixes for all languages regardless of the node names.

(I'm not sure my explanation makes sense, and of course that's more easy
to say than to do...)

--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>