Re: Auto-beam in 2.6

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Auto-beam in 2.6
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:46:15 -0700

On 17-Jul-05, at 3:28 PM, Stephen wrote:

I want to point out that I do not think you need the revert to cancel them, since they will be canceled just by changing the time signature. You could also stick them in a def.ly file and include them at the top of your file, since they would not be in force until you changed to a 5/8 time signature.

Would you get a group of three followed by a group of two if you reversed the order of the overrides?

#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 5 8) 3 8 'Score)
#(override-auto-beam-setting '(end * * 5 8) 2 8 'Score)

Why don't you try it and see?  It takes about 60 seconds to create an
example and test it.

This will result in beaming two eighth notes, then a single eighth note,
then two more eighth notes.  You're ending the beams after the
2nd eighth note and the 3rd eighth note (and at the end of the
bar, by default).

In my piece, I'm changing between 3+2/8 and 2+3/8, so I need to
revert the previous beaming settings.

- Graham