Re: Support RMS

From: Danny Spitzberg
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 12:07:09 -0700

   Telling people to stop like you’ve been doing repeats is an attempt at
   censorship. It may not be effective but it’s an attempt nonetheless. My
   hope is that there emerges some mutual understanding about collective
   stewardship of this list and FSF and beyond. The comments and proposals
   to that end seem pretty good so far. Let’s encourage more of it.

   On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 11:34 AM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

     * Danny Spitzberg <[1]stationaery@gmail.com> [2021-03-27 20:45]:
     > Jean, by evidence of the discussion about effective organizational
     > governance and the contributions to the free software movement,
     these
     > messages are all important to happy hacking for liberation. I
     count 16
     > messages from you with attempts to police people for their views
     and
     > proposals to that end. Please stop your recreated attempts at
     censorship.
     I am not a moderator, thus that is not a censorship and cannot
     be. Obviously I do not decide if somebody will send something to the
     list or not, and I do not decide if it will be censored, I am not in
     charge. Are you in charge? I would not know.
     References I have pointed out are purposes of Libreplanet, its goal,
     mission, code of conduct, and anti-harassment policies.
     As a member of the mailing list the environment I expect to have
     here
     is the environment as described and envisioned by Libreplanet. I do
     not expect hate, rumours, harassment, defamations. Sorry I do not
     expect that.
     When watching Libreplanet videos I do not expect it either. I would
     quit watching it.
     You have considered your feelings and expressed yourself. Now I am
     expressing myself. This mailing list does not fulfill its purpose
     with
     such content.
     I feel I am mailing list member where hate mongers are dictating and
     thus indirectly moderating the list to their whatever harassing
     purposes. You have not said anything about that. For example that
     hate
     speech did not say how we will get more free software.
     But you said to me, who pointed out to references on Libreplanet
     website, it is better not to point out, and better to speak anything
     about anything on this mailing list.
     So are you now changing purposes of this mailing list?
     Is there some transparent process on that maybe?
     Jean