Re: Support RMS

From: Neils Nesse
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 04:42:38 -0700

   Without weighing into the merits of the subject there are two big
   problems with talking about diagnosis.
   Physiatrists generally agree that a prerequisite to correct diagnosis
   is the subject's interest in diagnosis and treatment. If RMS is
   personally hostile to the process there would be no diagnosis. It
   appears this would be the case.
   The other problem is that the DSM removed the asburgers diagnosis eight
   years ago due to it being too vague and acted essentially as a catch
   all for anyone who was socially impared but not autistic. The therapy
   for social disorders is simply some form of socialization with both
   positive and negative feedback. Many of the comments here already
   suggest RMS hasn't responded well to feedback in the past so this is
   also a dead end.
   Based on what I've learned about the subject it doesn't seem very
   helpful to cast a medical light on RMS. He's a grown man set in his
   ways and we simply have to ask ourselves if he is right for the role as
   he is or not.

   On March 26, 2021 11:35:47 PM PDT, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton