Re: Matrix communication protocol.

From: Adrien Bourmault (neox on Freenode)
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 09:08:56 +0200

Le 3 août 2020 23:45:11 GMT+02:00, Msavoritias <marinus.savoritias@disroot.org>
a écrit :
>Okay First of all I am going to say once more that I am not talking
>about Riot, Element or anything like that. I am talking about the
>protocol.
>Please read my messages.

But you're telling us about XMPP on mobile. Have you a functionnal alternative
to Conversations on Android that has the same features ?

>Third what  I know is that Olm is based on Signal encryption. If you
>say that Singnal encryption is not that good then I am afraid our
>conversation ends here because it is clear you don't know what you are
>talking about. That is not to say OMEMO is not good.
OMEMO is based on Signal encryption, known as Axolotl, and is audited by
experts (see https://conversations.im/omemo/). Then Olm and Megolm appeared,
and Megolm is the most used in order to allow people to retrieve messages when
changing their devices (so no forward secrecy).

>Also Element is functional. Like Conversations. Just like other clients
>like Fluffy Chat and Dillo.
Proprietary software is antifeature.

>Also I am not talking about Synapse. There are other servers to choose
>from. And the higher usage comes at the cost of features which XMPP
>lacks. Personally I find that acceptable.
But Synapse is the most used.

>What do you mean about advocating Google? The youtube widget?
Recatpcha, is a best example.

>This is not about beauty or anything like that. It is about
>functionality and modern features that I have first hand experienced
>users caring about.
Which features are you talking about ???