Re: Matrix communication protocol.

From: Msavoritias
Subject: Re: Matrix communication protocol.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 22:41:07 +0200

   How is Matri not Free Software though? Apache-2 is Free Software by the
   FSF.
   Also this review fails to mention how Matrix has been growing this year
   expotentially.
   [1]https://www.hello-matrix.net/public_servers.php
   There are already a lot of servers and growing. Gnome and purism and
   Kde have their own instances outside of this too.
   Also here is the list of at least 5 servers alternative to synapse.
   [2]https://matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now
   Plus Matrix is working on p2p. So you won't need a server.
   [3]https://matrix.org/blog/posts#dept-of-p2p-
   Also the encryption has been through security audits:
   [4]https://matrix.org/blog/2016/11/21/matrixs-olm-end-to-end-encryption
   -security-assessment-released-and-implemented-cross-platform-on-riot-at
   -last
   And they want to upgrade it:
   [5]https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-doc/issues/2458
   I'm not arguing that it is better than Omemo. But it is good encryption
   with future upgrades.
   I really don't get about Matrix not being Free Software though. Gnu
   Specifically says Apache 2 is Free Software.
   [6]https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#apache2
   If you mean the integrations somehow, that are optional then I ahve
   some news for you about Firefox.
   MSavoritias
   < /div>