Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software is not trusted software

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software is not trusted software
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:52:34 +0100

Nothing would prevent an LGPL code to be modified "almost silently" by a
proprietary software author in order to obtain that kind of anti-features
generally needed by proprietary software authors.

Moreover, proprietary software authors, including firt the largest companies,
/will use copyright infringement if sufficient licence weaks are not found, as
seen in the numerous patents suits and other battles regarding intellectual
property.

So, maybe Free Software authors should use a more convenient flag, such as
"ENABLE_FN_PROPRIETARY_STUFF", in order to keep a minimal control on unfair
functionnalities writing, especially by ensuring their peer review in order to
keep the whole stuff mostly harmless, while releasing it to proprietary
software authors and companies despite of any strong or not Free Software
Licence.

/sorry for my terrible English,
Tsfh