Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Non-Free JavaScript

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Non-Free JavaScript
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 18:22:04 +0100

On 06/04/16 17:17, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 09:13:33 +0200, Fabio Pesari wrote:
IIRC Matt Lee told me they won't replace Google Analytics

Do you know if anyone has suggested Piwik?  I was able to convince
Gitlab to switch to it for their own hosted instance.  Granted, they
didn't really need much convincing.

Was going to suggest Piwik, too.

I also agree that the more people who bring this up the better.

May I also suggest adding a sentence that says it is not only in their interest to do this, but removing Flash and non-Free Javascript is in line/accordance with the philosophy of Creative Commons. In fact, I know from reading the guides on creativecommons.org that their suggestion for software *is* GPL, so it would be good self-promotion if they can state on their website that their Javascript is free software.