Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about the FSF using/endorsin

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] What do you think about the FSF using/endorsing nonfree cultural works?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 18:00:40 +0100

On 02/11/2016 05:28 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> It's careless to assume that because you don't know of an organization
> that does something that therefore none exists.
>
> There's a non-active organization: http://freeculture.org
> and there's a quite active organization that emphasizes science and
> government statistical data more than cultural works but *does* include
> cultural works and whose definition of "open" *explicitly* aligns with
> free/libre values: https://okfn.org/ — Open Knowledge *is* an
> organization that cares about free culture and rejects ND and NC licenses.

I already know about them freeculture.org: their last update goes back
to 2013 so I cannot consider them active or relevant.

And I think I heard about https://okfn.org/ before but aside from being
yet another "open" organization, I think they campaign for data more
than things that could fall under the "artistic" or "cultural" banner.
I'm glad they use free licenses, though.