Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 10:13:07 -0600

In practice BSD creates more restrictions on everyone.  Software owners have
taken advantage of hardware production bottlenecks and warped our laws to
impose on us all, especially developers.

Non free software developers are even more restricted than ordinary users.
The restrictions on users apply to developers too, but they also have to sign
non disclosure agreements that tie them down even further.  When asked to
liberate code, big companies like Microsoft and Apple always say they can't
because some of it is owned by other companies.  The more power owners have,
the worse they will treat the few developers they actually hire.

Please don't use pushover free licenses for new software and be careful what
software you invest your time in.  New "BSD" licensed software is a gift to
our oppressors.  Please try to duplicate the functions in copyleft software.