Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:17:34 -0800 (PST)

Tobias Platen said:
> If you contribute to Gitlab, you should licence your changes under
> the AGPL

I doubt that GitLab B.V. would accept such contributions in the first
place because Sytse, at least, seems to see copyleft as a
"restriction" [0]. Even if they did their contributor license
agreement would have the net effect of nullifying the copyleft anyway.

[0] "We're very happy with the MIT since it has the least amount of
restrictions for everyone" from
https://about.gitlab.com/2015/03/03/gitlab-acquires-gitorious/#comment-1885545097